DON’T forget what’s on your doorstep!
That’s the message to residents in the district from Johnsons Coach & Bus Travel after the firm carried out a study which found they were more likely to head overseas than take advantage of some of the world’s leading attractions closer to home.
While foreign tourists flock to Shakespeare country, eight in ten district residents were more likely to be boarding a plane than visiting local attractions this summer. Of those quizzed three quarters said that they would do more locally, but struggle for ideas.
John Johnsons, Commercial Director at Henley-based Johnsons Coach & Bus Travel, said: “We spend so much time thinking about the foreign destinations we’d like to visit that we miss what’s on our doorstep.
“To help locals make the most of what is around them, we’ve created a ‘Bus It’ List of activities that shouldn’t be missed – which are all accessible with our bus network. We’re now calling out for more suggestions from the local community to make sure we can provide a comprehensive list of things to do in and around the Midlands.”
Johnsons operates 21 bus services across the area and is launching a new Family Adventure Day Pass this summer which allows families (two adults and two children) to ride on its network of buses for the day for £10. They are also launching a Student Summer Saver offering eight weeks of travel for £99.
Visit www.johnsonscoaches.co.uk for further details or to submit a suggestion for the ‘Bus It’ List.
Johnsons Bus It List currently includes:
* Henley – Enjoy a relaxing afternoon and enjoy a traditional ice-cream
* Stratford – Pack up a picnic and head to the Bancroft Gardens
* Solihull – Indulge in some retail therapy at Touchwood Shopping Centre
* Gaydon – Discover Britain’s motoring heritage at the British Motor Museum
* Kenilworth – Discover Kenilworth Castle’s 900 year history
* Banbury – Delve into 1940s wartime at Upton House
* Cotswolds – Experience the magnificent botanical collection at Batsford Arboretum
* Moreton-in-Marsh – Grab a delicious lunch in one of the many tea rooms.
* Birmingham – Discover the heart of Birmingham at the Bullring. With over 160 shops you will be spoilt for choice.
* Worcester – Enjoy a drink in idyllic setting of The Old Bull near Worcester – the inspiration behind the long running British radio soap The Archers.