Stratford hotel "gives back" to The Shakespeare Hospice - The Stratford Observer

Stratford hotel "gives back" to The Shakespeare Hospice

Stratford Editorial 15th Feb, 2023   0

VITAL cash has been donated to The Shakespeare Hospice as part of a Stratford hotel’s ‘Giving Back’ campaign.

The Arden Hotel, on Waterside, has donated £450 to the hospice as part of its annual ‘Giving Back’ campaign, where it pledged to donate £10 for every festive package it sold.

Hotel staff handed over the cash boost to the hospice, which will be used to support their work providing specialist palliative day care for people living in Stratford district.

Hotel general manager Josefine Blomqvist said: “Each year our Giving Back campaign is all about supporting great causes and organisations in our local area, and we are really pleased to be able to help The Shakespeare Hospice this year.




“The hospice provides such important palliative and supportive care for patients living with a life limiting illness. Many of us know of someone who has a close connection to them in some way, and we hope this donation helps.”

All hotels within the boutique hotel collection have chosen a local charity to support as part of their annual Giving Back campaign.


A spokesperson from The Shakespeare Hospice said: “We are so grateful to the Arden Hotel for their donation as part of their “Giving Back” scheme.

“The hospice receives an 11 per cent contribution from the NHS towards its total annual income, so we rely on the generosity of our community and supporters to raise the remaining 89 per cent.

“The money raised by the Arden Hotel could help pay for two hours of care and support for five patients with life-limiting illnesses in the local community. On behalf of all of our patients and clinical staff, we offer our sincerest thanks to the whole team.”

Business Directory

From plumbers, to restaurants, we can provide you with all the info you need.

Subscribe

Receive a weekly update to your inbox by signing up to our weekly newsletter.

Announcements

Weddings, Birthdays, Bereavements, Thank you notices, Marriages and more.

Public Notices

View and download all of the public notices in the Stratford Observer.