A CAT clung onto one of her nine lives after luckily not licking.
Owner Andrea Mann had a rude awakening when Honey ran into the bedroom of her Harbury home in the early hours – reeking of diesel oil.
Andrea immediately rushed Honey to Avonvale’s 24-hour hospital for small animals in Warwick, where she was quickly bathed in a detergent that dissolves the oil.
Vet Mark Taylor said: “I got the call shortly after 5am saying Honey had run in through the cat flap smelling strongly of diesel. I told them not allow her to lick herself as diesel oil is toxic and would have been lethal had it got inside her.
“Two days later we checked her for liver damage and I’m pleased to say that we had got to her just in time. She has now completely recovered – thanks to the prompt action of Andrea and her flatmate, who wrapped her in a towel to prevent her from licking herself.”
Andrea, who has owned the eight-year-old rescue cat for five years, said she thought the diesel must have been at a farm or where work was being carried out on a nearby railway.