TRIBUTES have poured in for the missing worker believed to have died in a massive industrial fire in Leamington.
Police have named David Boswell as the man who has not been seen since the day of the fire at Leeson Polyurethanes on Friday August 27.
For safety reasons, investigators have been unable to access and search the devastated scene at Juno Drive and hopes of finding David safe and well have faded.
David – affectionately known as Bozzy to some – has been described as kind, helpful, an inspiration, and as always putting a smile on the face of everyone he met.
David’s parents, Christine and John Boswell said: “We have lost a dearly loved son who was kind, helpful and will be sorely missed.”
Carol Fureed, David’s partner said: “It is with great sadness to announce the loss of my soulmate of 26 years. Dave used to brighten anyone that was feeling down with his jokes. He always knew how to have a good laugh. He had a heart of gold and lived for his family, friends and his passion for fishing. Hope you catch the big one in heaven Dave, until we meet again, love you forever.”
David’s brother Andy Boswell also paid tribute: “To my brother Dave. Thank you for all the laughs we had. There was never a dull moment with you around, with your jokes and your unique way of looking at things. Until we meet again, tight lines.”
David’s close friend, Ryan Hissey, said: “Bozzy was such a massive character, he left an impression on everybody he met. Whether it was showing you a picture of a fish he’d caught (which was rare!), joking around or singing Oasis at the top of his voice. You always knew he was around. He will be greatly missed. Love you David.”
Police have confirmed the site had been secured for them to finally begin their search.
Detective Superintendent, Jon Marsden said: “We appreciate how hard this is for David’s family and friends, and our thoughts remain with them. They continue to be supported and updated by specially trained officers.
“Due to unstable chemicals and several hotspots in the building, until now it has been unsafe for search teams to enter the site. The fire brigade has worked extremely hard to resolve these problems and I can confirm that, as of September 6, the site has been handed over to police.
“We will be working with structural engineers and demolition experts to ensure the building is safe to enter, allowing us to commence our search. Unfortunately, this is still likely to take some time but it is important we ensure the safety of the search and investigation teams before they enter the site.
“We would ask that the privacy of David’s family is respected at this very difficult time.”