A MAJOR project ‘to put Studley on the map’ has won the backing of the parish council.
The scheme, which is being piloted by the Studley in Business group would see the introduction of –
- A website to inform visitors and locals about events, shops, tourism and more.
- New signs to encourage people to stop in Studley.
- Information boards for heritage, walks, shops and local attractions such as the nature reserve.
- Banners to advertise events, venues and organisations.
- Gateway features to local countryside.
The project has been budgeted at between £30,000 and £40,000 to be raised through crowdfunding – many smaller investors coming together to raise a large amount – plus a possible grant from Warwickshire County Council.
Sian Smith of Studley in Business to Tuesday’s parish council meeting: “The aim is to show people what we have here so they spend more time here, and then tell their friends how nice Studley is.”
She added the steering group would be contacting all the key organisations in the village to get their support so they could present a united front.
Most of the money would have to be supplied locally, effectively people and businesses investing in the future of their village.
Councillors voted unanimously to back the project and agreed to look at putting some money into the project at their next meeting.
Puttting Studley on the Map is being run through the crowdfunding site Space Hive and although the project has yet to go live, visitors can look in detail at the proposal and add to the number of ‘likes’. Simply go to www.spacehive.com.