ALL-IMPORTANT electric blanket testing is ensuring Warwickshire residents stay safe as well as warm.
The testing is taking place across the county’s fire stations.
Stratford residents were the first to put their blankets to the test. Of 28 blankets tested, nine were found to be faulty.
Stratford town councillor Cohl Warren-Howles, who helped organise the tests, said: “There are many people who at this time of year start using their electric blankets. It is so important to get electric blankets tested regularly to ensure their safety. A new electric blanket will be under warranty but as soon as the warranty expires, blankets should be tested every year. After ten years a blanket should really be replaced.
“There are very few places that will offer the test, therefore one should take advantage of free testing when on offer.”